- Driving data left by Ayrton Senna.
Brings back his engine sound from 24 years ago.
- VIEW THE PROJECT MOVIE
- Internavi is a car navigation system provided by Honda that designs driving experiences with the power of real-time driving data collected from vehicles. To tell the story of its unique technology and history we recreated the world’s fastest lap set by Ayrton Senna while qualifying for the 1989 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix.
- Generating engine sound
from driving data
- The engine sound of Senna's F1 machine McLaren Honda MP4/5 was re-created by analyzing Senna's acceleration and engine data collected back in 1989 and combining it with various engine tones of MP4/5 recorded today.
- Know more about the technology
(TVCM, Online Film)
- Hundreds of networked speakers and LED lights were placed along the 5,807-meter long Suzuka circuit. Then the re-created engine sound was played according to the driving data bringing back Senna’s fastest lap from 24 years ago.
- A radio ad featuring Senna’s engine sound was aired. Motorsports journalist Jun Imamiya who is an old acquaintance of Senna’s did the narration.
- On a WebGL-based website, everyone could experience Senna race through Suzuka circuit by generating his record-breaking 1:38:041 lap re-created with 3DCG.
- *WebGL is a standard for displaying 3D graphics on
a web page
- VIEW THE WEBSITE
- An app where everyone could enjoy driving to the engine sound of Senna’s McLaren Honda MP4/5 using GPS and acceleration sensor on their smartphone was developed and distributed.
- INSTALL APP
- Right after its launch, this project became a sensation and was covered by media from Japan as well as Brazil, Europe, the US and other regions. We also received numerous comments from all around the world.
- -The most watched youtube video by an automobile company in Japan's history.
-The most viral video 2 weeks in a row worldwide.